New Tariff Fares for domestic flights in Argentina, Chile, Colombia, Ecuador & Peru
As part of the airlines´ commitment to offer more options, customization and flexibility for all types of passengers, LATAM and Aerolineas Argentinas launched a new Brand called BASIC and PROMO, respectively.
In the case of LATAM airlines, between August and September 2019 have launched a new Tariff Fare called BASIC and has already been implemented in Chile, Peru, Colombia, Ecuador and Argentina domestic flights, which will feature lower prices.
This new BASIC fare has the following characteristics
- It does not allow carry-on luggage but allows the purchase of checked- luggage. The sale of hand luggage is not available.
- It allows the accumulation of miles in the LATAM Pass (depending on the loyalty program that the passenger is subscribed).
- The maximum measurements of the personal item are 45 x 35 x 20 cm (height, length and width); it can be a purse, laptop bag or other item as long as it meets the indicated dimensions.
- Must be stored under the front seat (except in front row seats or any of the emergency exits seats).
- Personal items that do not meet the above conditions are subject to an
additional payment at the gates.
In the case of Aerolineas Argentinas, for the domestic flights in Argentina, these are the new regulations for the PROMO fare as of September 2019:
- It is allowed to carry a personal item of up to 3 kilos (a purse, handbag, notebook case, a baby bag, or similar), and 40 x 30 x 15 cm and must located under the front seat.
- It allows the seat selection and will add miles for the Aerolineas Plus Program.
- Personal items that do not meet the above conditions are subject to an additional payment at the gates.
Please note that if you have a domestic flight that has been issued before with either of these airlines, the base fare conditions that were valid at the moment of purchasing the ticket, will be respected by the airline. If in doubt, please contact the airline or your travel agent.